Joker Jailbreak: a single player card game
A downloadable card game
Welcome to Joker Jailbreak! This is a single-player, physical card game you can play with a standard 52 card deck.
Created by Ramon Huiskamp (roofkat).
- Remove jokers from your set.
- Place a joker on the table.
- Shuffle the remaining cards.
- Place stacks of six cards top-down on each of the four sides of the joker, forming the jail walls.
- Place two cards top-down on each of the joker's four diagonals, forming the corners.
- Place an open card on each wall and corner stack (you should end up with 8 open cards surrounding the joker).
- The remaining cards are called the "Remainder".
Clear out one of the four walls around the joker, so they can be free! Hurray!
(Clearing out a corner does not let the joker escape, they can't squeeze through the walls like that.)
How to play:
- Play black cards against red cards of the exact same score to get rid of them
- E.g.: a black 6 can be played against a red 6, or a red 4 and a red 2.
- Turn around the cards that were underneath the cards you played against each other.
- The Ace counts as 1, the Jack as 11, Queen as 12 and the King as 13.
- You can play cards from the Remainder on top of the joker, with a limit of three cards in a stack.
- These cards can be useful if you're stuck, and can be played anytime.
- However, they have to be cleared out in order to win, the joker can't escape with any card on top of him.
- You lose when you are no longer able to play any cards against each other.
- Try to play away the walls as much as possible, try to avoid clearing out corners as it will limit your options, which i turn lowers your chances of clearing out a wall.
- To change the difficulty, add or remove cards from the corners. More cards in the corners makes it easier, less cards in corners make it harder.
- This was made over a weekend at my parents' place, inspired by Tom Francis's Gridcannon. I liked the constraints of making a single-player game with a standard 52 card deck, and it was quite fun to create!
- Thanks to my sister for the name :) I was going to call it Jailed Joker, but that's a bit of a tongue twister.
- Please tweet me @roofkatgames to let me know what you think!
- I'm working on a videogame by myself called WarpThrough, would be great if you could check that out! https://store.steampowered.com/app/957770/WarpThrough/
The file is just a pdf! I just wanted a page to put the description for this little card game :)